Monday 3 March 2008

Beading up a storm!

You know how some days you just can't string two beads together and be happy with how they look... and then other days you just seem to be able to thread anything together and it looks great? Well today was one of those fantastic days! I've made loads of things. A great beading day.

I just hope tomorrow will prove a great pricing, packing and photographing day! Hope to be able to show you some pics tomorrow.

How was your Mother's Day? Mine felt very flat. I had lovely cards, some chocolate and some flowers, but I just didn't feel special. Silly really. But, hey, I don't need anything to know that my kids think I'm the bees knees... they tell me every day.

I made my mum a necklace and earrings - crazy lace agate and pearls. But, guess who forgot to take a photo! I'll have to snap it next time we're visiting.

Saturday we had a lovely time over in Cardiff with hubby's family. The wonderful Mia - nearly two - kept us all entertained. She really is the most gorgeous kid. I'll get a photo of her next time to show you... you won't believe her eyelashes!

To add to my busy, busy week, I've also got to fit in going to the dentist as I broke a bit off a tooth on Saturday - that'll teach me to eat pork scratchings! Good job I've had a good beading day, I don't think I'm going to have much time the rest of the week!

1 comment:

Nia said...

I know just how you feel Lesley, and no two days are ever the same. Do you ever find yourself wanting to get creative at the most inappropriate times too, like an hour before you need to leave to do a jewellery party or show? Then when you have all the time in the world, you hit a big fat blank and waste an entire day achieving very little!
Mother's Day? Doesn't seem to exist in this house! I did get a text though - and at least he didn't ask for money!
Good luck with Clerical Medical. I've only ever done one work-based event, in the staff room of the Operating Theatre Suite at a large hospital, a most bizzarre experience!