Wednesday 12 March 2008

"I beg your pardon...

... I never promised you a rose garden."

I've had that song going round and round in my head this afternoon as I made this bracelet:

Here it is modelled by Martha (her wrists don't have the crinkles that mine have! ROFL!)
The beads in the bracelet are green freshwater keshi pearls and the roses are carved rose quartz. I'm really pleased with it.

I bought both lots of beads at the bead sale this morning - and knew straight away exactly what I wanted to make with them. I love it when that happens. I've got loads of ideas for the rest of the stash too:
From the back: faceted red coral, sponge coral, Moonstone Nuggets, Moonstone buttons, Rose Quartz flowers, green freshwater keshi pearls, same in grey, little Labradorite buttons, Aventurine oval cylinders and drops, black Onyx long rectangles, Kyanite buttons and shell nuggets and buttons. There was also some little Amazonite faceted drops, but they missed out on the photograph somehow.

A lovely haul... but the trouble is - and those of you who frequent bead fairs will know the feeling - I could have bought SO much more! There was such gorgeousness on offer. Ah well, next time!

Martha and I really enjoyed Juno last night... and it was lovely to do something for just the two of us.

But then... the wind! And rain! Last night was the worst yet for this storm. And the sea was WILD... and we don't get much wildness in the sea this far up the Bristol channel. Today the promenade was about a foot deep in seaweed. But with all the noise of the wind (the double glazing was creaking - which was quite scary!) we didn't get much sleep... so I think I'll be tucked up straight after Torchwood tonight.

Hope you've all been OK and not suffered any damage.

2 comments:

Nia said...

wot no nephrite!!! (they need emoti's on here!). Lovely selection of stones though, guess they'll keep you quiet for a while! And such a pretty bracelet, so spring-like!

Unknown said...

wow i've got those green pearls too, got them at the Perth bead fair, spooky