Tuesday 11 March 2008

Blowing a gale...

Still windy down here in the South-West... and more to come! We've not suffered any damage but a tree was blown down on Sunday night.

Here's the photos I promised:
The first is the next in my 'dainty' range - blue agate diamonds, Swarovski Crystals with Sterling Silver tubes and balls.


Next is another set made with the Nephrite squares I bought at Spring Fair - again coupled with freshwater pearls. I'm loving this combination and I'll be very sorry when I've used all these beads.

Now a Y-shaped necklace and earrings using banded agate, carnelian, fire opal Swarovski Crystals (aren't they just the most amazing colours?) and Sterling Silver flower beads.
And lastly in this bunch, a simple necklace of Lapis Lazuli chips with Thai Hill Tribe Silver seed beads.
So, what other news to tell you... I lost a pound at WW this morning (Yay!). I'm off to the cinema tonight (see previous post for details of the Curzon cinema in Clevedon) with Martha to see Juno. Bit of a mother/daughter bonding session.

And tomorrow, I'm off to a bead sale. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll show you my stash in my next post.

3 comments:

Alison's Bakery said...

Glad you're all safe from the storm, Lesley. Gorgeous pieces again. Still loving the nephrite, I will also be sad when it's all gone, it's been a joy to work with.

Nia said...

That wind was quite something last night wasn't it Lesley! Good that you escaped damage though. Lovely work again, the first one is stunning, delicate yet bold. I'm the same about the nephrite, I'm being so mean with it! I almost used some today but spent ages and ages coming up with an alternative cos I'm desperately trying to preserve my stash. Why didn't we buy more of it??? Ok don't answer that one!!!

CHRIS LINACRE said...

They are all beautiful pieces Lesley, I particularly like the Banded Agate and the nephrite.
Ps do you do photography classes?
x Chris