Friday 29 February 2008

Reporting back

The party was great! We sold a good amount and had several people express an interest in holding a party, so all in all a result!

Mind you, it was hard work being the hostess and a seller. Opening the door, taking coats, making tea, pouring wine, chatting... AND explaining about the jewellery and taking the money... I was EXHAUSTED! But it was great fun and it was lovely to catch up with some of my chums.

Next Wednesday we have our first ever sale in an office. We're at Clerical Medical which is just over the other side of Clevedon, so not far for me to travel... Have no idea what to expect.

A busy week next week as I'm also having my hair done, going for physio on my knee, going to London to see Kathryn Williams and Niall MacColl (very excited about that) as well as the sale above and another event on Friday night.

One thing that happened last week, which you missed because I was so busy, was that my son turned 16. I can't believe it! He's so grown up already. And so handsome... here he is, judge for yourself:


This was taken last October - just outside Padstow.

Off to my book group in a bit, we've just read On Chesil Beach... if you've not read it, I'd thoroughly recommend it. Then, hopefully, this weekend we can do a bit more on turning the old kitchen into my workshop.

So, have a good weekend, all my lovely blog readers - and take care.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cor i wish i had hair like your son, lol

And i'm so glad your party went well