Friday 11 January 2008

Making a Spectacle... Chain

When I first started selling jewellery, my best sellers were my spectacle chains. I don't know how many I made - it felt like thousands. Then I got really bored with them and moved onto other things.

However, studying the statistics of my website, I see that my spectacle chain page (I've always got a few knocking about) gets more hits than anything else. So, I've decided that I really must capitalise on this trend and get some more done.

These ones are my favourites at the moment:



They are all mixes of Toho seed beads from Japan. They are called Bara Rose, Sakura Cherry and Kimono Lilac. I even like the names! They are quite unusual as spectacle chains and, I think, very sophisticated looking.

Managed to get a few more necklaces/pendants and sets listed today - so website categories are slowly filling up. I've still got quite a way to go.

I got some delicious beads through the post this morning from Emma Ralph - a very talented lampwork artist. I'm itching to get going with them, but have told myself I have to get the website updated first. Have a feeling the beads will win out though!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: