Sunday 29 July 2007

Postal Strikes, Christmas and Lake side strolls

Waited and waited yesterday morning for the postie to bring any of four packages I'm expecting... only to find it was a postal strike day... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'm sure the posties have genuine reasons for taking strike action, but it's very frustrating when part of your business depends on the Royal Mail.... which I suppose is the very point they're making!

So much of my raw materials are bought through the internet I have a constant stream of packages arriving by post... which means most mornings here are like Christmas. Opening a packet of beads is SO exciting! My mind buzzes with ideas of what to make with impulse purchases and the things I've bought for specific projects arriving means I can get on and start something that's been in the design stage and I'm itching to make. I'm sure any other beaders out there will know exactly what I mean...

I saw my friend last night and showed her the blue pearl necklace (see below) which she commissioned for her mum. She was really pleased with it.

This afternoon we took advantage of the sunshine and went for a walk around Chew Valley Lake. Then we just HAD to go and have a reviving cuppa and a piece of rhubarb crumble! Bought a recipe book crammed with fantastic cakes (put on half a stone just looking at the pictures) which I'm going to have a go at when I've got my new cooker. The old one (inherited with the house) is just useless and I think the whole family is dying to try cooking with something more reliable. We'll be fighting over oven space. Won't do my weight watching much good though!

No comments: