Sunday 5 April 2009

Greetings from the Rocky Mountains...

Well we made it! Here we are in Dillon, Colorado high in the Rockies. The scenery here is just astounding. Will upload some pictures soon to show you. Huge mountains covered in snow and pine trees. Today the sky is beyond blue and the sun is shining. Yesterday it snowed and snowed and was bitter... but that didn't stop us making a snowman and Martha and I making snow angels.
Today the boys are off skiing and we girls are off to the movies.
Jim and Becky are perfect hosts, they have a gorgeous house - warm and very comfortable - and they are feeding us at every opportunity. I'm sure if I eat one more thing I'm going to explode... not that it will stop me, I suspect...
We're all just about on Mountain time although yesterday we were all a little spaced out. The altitude (we're about 2 miles above sea level here) makes it quite hard to breathe at times.
OK, that's it for now. Hope to be back with photos soon.

Y'all take care now, d'you hear!

Much love to all.
xx

No comments: