Wednesday 2 April 2008

All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up...

Well, the Friday/Saturday party was a great success - our third best party ever! Although we were only open for two hours on Saturday morning, we took 2/3 of our total for all day Friday - so that was obviously a good time for a lot of people.

Martha got back from Paris on Sunday night. She was completely shattered, but had had a great time with her friends.

Then on Monday I had a phone call from Weston College (through which I do my silversmithing course) asking if I'd like to have my photograph in the prospectus!! So, yesterday I went off to Weston Super Mare and had my picture taken by a proper, professional photographer - with lights, umbrella, reflectors and all that pukka gubbins. I was pretty nervous, but on the whole enjoyed the experience. I was asked lots of questions so they can write a blurb about me too.

Afterwards, the head of the marketing department bought two pendants! But then she showed me last year's prospectus so I could see where my photo will go - and it's a WHOLE PAGE!!! Yikes! I thought it would be a little passport sized piccy in a corner somewhere.

They said they'll email me the picture when they've decided which one to use, so - if it's not too horrendous - I'll post it up for you to see.

I'll hopefully be back later with some pics of jewellery for you to see. Seems an age since I showed you anything! Have a great day.

No comments: